Mels

Cassandra Clare
Apollyon
Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (Lux Novel)

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout It's not a secret I wasn't Obsidian's biggest fan, but I'm glad to say a lot of issues I had with it were generally solved in this second installment. First of all, I love this version of Daemon: he's nice and thoughtful, and still sarcastic and funny without being a total asshole, and I found myself swooning over what he said more than once.Katy was awesome as well: she is no longer a damsel in distress and she finally started to kick some ass, and I really liked the fact that she wanted to be able to protect herself and the ones she loves.And how amazing was all the second part of this book? Seriously, so many things going on that I don't even know what to say. Except that, this time, I'm definitely impressed.I don't think Onyx was perfect (there were still a few things that bugged me, especially in the first half), but now I can't wait to know how everything will evolve and I'm really excited about the sequels.So yeah, I did the right thing picking this one up.