Mels

Clockwork Princess
Cassandra Clare
Apollyon
Jennifer L. Armentrout

Unspoken (Lynburn Legacy Series #1)

Unspoken - Sarah Rees Brennan “Kami'd always retold her fairy tales to make the fair maidens braver and more self-sufficient, but she had never had any real objection to the handsome prince.” I don't know what went wrong with this book. I feel like Unspoken could have been awesome, but in the end it just settled for OK.Let's be clear: it is a good book. It's interesting and original, with very likeable characters; I loved its humour and the witty dialogues, as well as the gothic atmosphere.Kami is a great heroine, absolutely hilarious and quite clever and very easy to like, even if she falls in the plain-girl-surrounded-by-beautiful-friends-that-every-guy-loves-anyway cliché. I mean, I get it. Looks are not everything and you can be loved and all even if you're not that good-looking. I GET it. So please, dear authors, stop stressing that in every single book you write, because it's getting very annoying. The other characters were nice as well, but unfortunately I couldn't really connect with any of them.Another thing I had problems with was the writing style: so fast that sometimes I didn't even realize what was going on or how the characters had ended up in a certain place, so I had to go back and read it again. It just felt... awkward and it failed to get me interested in what was happening to Kami & Co.However, overall, Unspoken was an enjoyable and fun read, and I'm sure many people will like it better than I did. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I felt like there was a lot of wasted potential, which is a pity. Still, I have faith in its sequel, which I will surely read because that cliffhanger sounds really promising, and I can't wait to know how things will evolve.