Mels

Clockwork Princess
Cassandra Clare
Apollyon
Jennifer L. Armentrout

Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1)

Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1) - H.D. Gordon Okay, to be honest I have to say that at first I wasn't really into this book; the first chapters were kinda slow and really confusing and I was like, "please give this poor girl (and me) some explanations!!". And Alexa seemed to accept everything without even questioning it (like all that situation with her mother), which was so annoying.But then, when we get some answers, and when they reach the city, everything gets a lot more interesting and the story really grabs you.The world building was really great, and I hope that in the next books we'll get to find out more about the other races too, like werewolves for example. And the politics looks very intriguing, i like the mistery around the village and everything else! As for the characters, I liked the main ones, like Alexa, Nelly and especially Kayden; the similarities with Vampire Academy are A LOT, but I think this will change as the story develops.I didn't like the secondary characters much, like Jackson, because I think his description was rather superficial... he's Alexa best friend (and even his boyfriend at one point), but we don't really know anything about him. All he ever does is say how beautiful Alexa is and hug her lol... he was kinda creepy, IMO. I don't usually like love triangles, but I felt like there wasn't even one in here XD Anyway, Kayden is a much more likeable character, and I can't wait to see what will happen between him and Alexa! They were sooo cute together!Also, one thing that i really liked was that some things that at first I thought were kind of annoying (like the fact that everyone was handsome, or the instant attraction between Alexa and Kayden) actually had an explanation. Thank you!So, in the end, Blood Warrior is a very good debut novel, that leaves you with the curiosity to know what will happen next. I felt like the writing improved throughout the book, so I think that the next installments will be even better than this one. As for me, I absolutely can't wait to read Half Black Soul!